Patrick (Chris) Aloia
2074 211th Ave. N.E. Sammamish, WA 98074
Object Oriented Design
Test Driven Development
Detail-oriented programmer and architect with more than 10+ years success delivering innovative and tailored solutions to meet business needs in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. A proven track record of leadership delivering high quality solutions complimented by the ability to quickly adopt and implement leading-edge technologies.
|Programming||C#, ASP.NET MVC, LINQ, CSS, MVP, VB.NET, C, VB 5/6, Java, Active Server Pages, SQL Server, MS Access, Java Script, Win 32, ADP, Sales Logix|
|Development||Object-oriented Design, Agile Development, Test Driven Development, Project Management, Solutions Architecture, Software Development Lifecycle|
Microsoft Corporation – Redmond, Washington
SR. Software Engineer, 2005 – Present
Design and develop leading edge software solutions for external and internal corporate customers in the software industry. Coordinate design and implementation of software applications; collaborate across the organization with project managers, engineering teams and client representatives to ensure on-time completion of project deliverables. Lead cross-functional teams made up of participants from a variety of business functions aligned to identify opportunities for efficiencies across the enterprise. Mentor junior engineers through Microsoft’s mentor program.
Microsoft Redemption Platform:
- Improved scalability and performance of Microsoft’s Redemption Platform introducing dependency injection and service location patterns, and implementing the latest design technologies.
- V-team lead for Relationship Experience Division’s software configuration management initiative which standardized the organization teams on a single software methodology.
- Vendor on-boarding lead for Microsoft’s Solution Finder service which remains a key part of Microsoft’s Partner Portal.
- Developed the middle-tier for Microsoft Business Productivity Online Services platform enabling data mapping between data and business tiers to interact with Microsoft’s partner database and web services.
Microsoft Office Live Meeting
- Engineering lead for Microsoft’s Office Live Meeting Organizer Self Service and Preview Center web application enabling the preview of Live Meeting 8.0 by Microsoft’s enterprise level customers.
- Engineer lead and architect for Microsoft’s Live Meeting Notification Service for Microsoft’s online services supporting Microsoft Operations Manger integration, code instrumentation and email notifications to partners and support teams.
- Engineer lead and architect for Microsoft’s Live Meeting support portal enabling the outsourcing of support for more than 150 remotely assigned support personnel.
Port of Tacoma – Tacoma, Washington
SR. Programmer Analyst, 2002-2005
Develop, maintain and upgrade enterprise software applications. Integrate disparate software systems including financial, real property and inventory systems. Coordinate with department directors, project managers, union teams and software engineers to ensure project deliverables.
- Led implementation of the Port’s formal project management methodology, resulting in improved communication and accountability across the organization.
- Engineering lead and architect for the real property management system (RPM) enabling automated tracking of 100+ leases and invoices more than $16,400,000.00 in annual revenue.
- Engineering lead and architect for the cargo terminal management System (TMS) automating port-to-port container inventory tracking and storage.
- Integrated the port’s finance, enterprise resource planning and real property management systems.
Intel Corporation – Seattle, Washington
Engineering Manager – Business Services, 1996-2001
Manage application development for enterprise initiatives and overall coordination for divisional initiatives including enterprise software acquisition and installation, project management and software development. Develop and execute a long term strategic vision and plan for the use of information technology and business systems for Intel Online Services Seattle.
Intel Online Services
- Managed 6-10 personnel and operations budget of 1.5 million
- Worked with sales and marketing organizations as well as Intel partners and affiliates to ensure the success of new affiliate programs.
- Chaired Intel Online Services sales force automation and customer relationship management steering committee. Responsible for oversight of enterprise-wide sales force automation (SFA), partner relationship management (PRM) and customer relationship management (CRM) applications.
- Managed the business systems strategy for Intel Online Services customer relationship management, finance, human resources, marketing, and sales organizations.
Interactive Catalog Corporation
- Worked directly with partners to ensure success of the Interactive Catalog Corporation and Excite shopping service partnership.
- Managed the business systems strategy for Interactive Catalog Corporation customer relationship management, finance, human resources, marketing, and sales organizations.
- Managed a staff of four to six individual contributors and vendors.
|Education & Credentials|
- Harvard University Extension, 6 graduate credits towards a Master’s Degree in Information Technology.
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts, Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences.
- Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center, Modern Standard Arabic.
- Simon & Schuster, Technical and Development Editor. Reviewed book proposals and made go/no go publication decisions. Contributed technical content to seven Internet development and e-Commerce book publications.